Thursday, November 9, 2017

WEEK 5: LAST WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

am so excited to head out to the field next week. I have a desire to share this Gospel with those in my mission and I can't wait to get there. This past week the second counselor in the General Relief Society came here and spoke to us. It was pretty cool and my favorite thing she said was that we don't need to be perfect, we just need to have a perfect effort. I also got to hear from President Nelson on Tuesday and his talk was amazing! He said that we can all be living Epistles in the way we act and through sharing our testimonies with others. I really felt the Spirit and I know that he is a true apostle of the Lord.

I feel like all the weeks here have blended together in my mind and everything goes by so quickly. My time in the CCM has been a time of testing my patience with my companion and also of great spiritual learning. I will miss the opportunity to have this much time to study the scriptures and to hear the words of the apostles directed at me in this time and place.

A lesson that I have learned this week is the importance of strict obedience. I had some opportunities to stand up for what is right this week. I didn't think these would be a problem among other missionaries, but ultimately we are all still 18 year olds. My entire district and my companion wanted to skip study time in the morning and play soccer. However, I told them they had agency and if they did play soccer, I would be studying on the benches. This caused the entire district to change their minds and we ended up not going. Although my companion slept in for an hour instead (which wasn't a whole lot more productive). He set a new record this week of sleeping in 2 hours Sunday morning. Sometimes he can be difficult to deal with. However I learned a lot from that study time and I am so glad that I decided to be obedient.

I know that the Lord can work miracles in our lives if we are willing to have faith and be obedient. I can't wait for the field and I love you all!

Elder Waite

Here are some pictures with guys in my district and Elder Medina who is in my dorm.





1 comment:

  1. How I love to hear and see the spiritual growth in you Tom. You are setting the bar high for all of us to follow. Sending our love to you. Grandma C

    ReplyDelete

WEEK 10: ALMOST CHRISTMAS!

December 18, 2017 Last Tuesday was a little crazy here with the day of the virgin. There were fireworks almost the entire day. On Friday  ...